FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What should my child wear to class?
A: It is important to dress in appropriate clothes for dance to allow for mobility, to limit distractions and to help your child really feel like a dancer!
- Your youngest dancer, age 2, should wear comfortable clothes; stretchy or loose fitting pants, and a comfortable t-shirt, and bare feet. If you wish to dress them in more traditional dance wear, please refer below.
- Boys, ages 3-6 years old—black leggings and white t-shirt with black leather ballet slippers
- Girls, ages 3-6 years old—any color leotard, tutu or wrap skirt optional, full footed or footless pink tights with pink leather ballet slippers. Slippers without a drawstring are strongly recommended. Find them here "Love Ballet" slippers by Capezio.
- Dancers in Primary Ballet I/II, ages 5-6 years old, should have their hair pulled back in a ponytail or bun during class, if hair length permits. Shorter hair should be kept out of the face with a headband or clips.
- Satin children’s bedroom slippers, jeans, other bulky clothing and costume jewelry should not be worn to class.
Q: Where can I purchase my child’s dance wear?
A: Stores such as WalMart and Target have a sweet selection of leotards and tights. Discount Dance Supply (https://www.discountdance.com) has a beautiful variety of leotards, tutus, sweaters and leather ballet slippers for both boys and girls.
Q: What happens in case of inclement weather?
A: Should snow, ice, or any other emergency prevent us from holding classes, a notice will be posted on our website homepage, as well as our Facebook page, Twitter and Instagram. Information regarding make up arrangements will be emailed.
Q: What if my child is sick/away on vacation/misses a class?
A: Refunds or credits for missed classes will not be offered. Please refer to the Make Up information on our Policies page. Should your family have extenuating circumstances please email us at email@example.com
Q: Does Studio One Dance offer trial classes?
A: Yes, we offer one free trial class for all new students where space is available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your dancer’s trial space.
Q: What happens if my child’s class has low enrollment?
A: All classes are required to have 4 registered students in order to run. We will keep all classes open for the first 3-4 weeks of the session as enrollment grows. If after that, your class is cancelled due to low enrollment, Studio One Dance will help find an alternative class for your child, or issue a pro-rated refund for the remaining classes.